I personally stand behind the belief that businesses that have a spiritual foundation go farther faster. And I further state that faith and finance can [and should] peacefully coexist. I am clear that my Incredible Factor includes my personal relationship with God.
One of the questions I get all of the time is this:
“Hi Darnyelle. One of the things I like about you is that you’ve taken a clear stance for the importance of a spiritual foundation in business. Would you share your favorite bible verses and how you leverage them to experience growth in your life and business?
At the end of the day, the spiritual beliefs and practices that we hold and share are what have the power to give us strength to run this race called entrepreneurship, especially when we desire to become million dollar CEOs. The fact is that only when we submit to our creator do we position ourselves to yield the results that will allow us to be more, have more and do more in every facet of our lives.
Without further ado, here are my top 22 scriptures for 2022.
- Genesis 1:26 – Let us make man in our own image and likeness. That’s right you are created in the image and likeness of God. That means you are a god of the earth and you have the power to take dominion and authority and subdue anything that threatens to derail your purpose.
- Jeremiah 1:5 – Before you were formed in your mother’s womb God approved you and called you prophet. This is actually the founding scripture of my company. I leverage this to help others step into their divine gift and talents and show them how to build wealth through entrepreneurship by leveraging them.
- Proverbs 10:22 The Lord makes man rich and adds no sorrow with it. This means that you don’t have to hustle and grind to make more money in your business. You can add more grace and still see increase!
- Ephesians 3:20 – He will do exceedingly, abundantly above all we ask, think or imagine according to the power at work within us. Did that just make your spirit leap?! You have the power – you were given it before you were formed in your mother’s womb. That means you were created to do more (and you don’t have to hustle for it!)
- Colossians 3:23-24 – Whatever you do, you it as unto the Lord and not unto man. For it is from the Lord your God you receive your inheritance. When you serve your clients like you are serving your father in heaven, the things you desire come effortlessly into your life experience.
- 2 Kings 4: 1-7 – This is the story of the widow with the oil where she had nothing to pay her debtors and Elisha asked her what did she have. What you have is ready to be “sold” to meet your needs. This is the mandate to entrepreneurship and sales.
- Romans 8:28 – All things work together for the good of those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose. Entrepreneurship is an interesting place and it is often synonymous with failure and setback. But when you know that there is a purpose for your work and you are clear that you are on assignment you will remember that all things – even the bad things – are working for your good.
- Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. My interpretation of this scripture is that when you delight yourself in the Lord, the desires in your heart were put there by Him. Yes, this means that He wants you to have a business and that He wants your business to be a success. Your job is to find time on a daily basis to experience His goodness and grace and express gratitude that your desires mirror His.
- Matthew 7:7 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. This universal spiritual principle gets a lot of people in trouble. Truthfully it’s not enough to ask, you must believe and don’t doubt what you ask. For as soon as you do, you invite discord and misalignment to come into your life and business.
- James 2:26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead. This rings so true for me, I personally believe that we need to give God something to bless which can only come through action. It’s not enough to believe we can build a thriving business, we have to take actions that are consistent and synonymous with results that breed success.
- Habukkah 2:2 And the Lord answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. Now, I love this scripture because if the vision [plan for your business] is written down you can take action [run] as you read it. Brilliant. Is anyone else excited that God thought of all of this for us entrepreneurs and business owners?
- Proverbs 29:18 Where there is no vision, the people perish. If you are truly going to be a business owner, you have to have vision enough to make your business work. If you are not a forward thinking business owner, your business won’t live very long.
- Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. This scripture gives me such comfort and knowing that He’s already figured it all out gives me ammunition enough to keep taking action toward my goals.
- Proverbs 16:3 Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established. When you create a business idea and plan and share it with God, He can make sure that you accomplish it. There’s nothing like inviting God to be a part of your business.
- Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ. We have really only just begun when we take steps toward operating in our divine gifts and talents. If He started it (and He did) He will finish it.
- Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Enough said, really.
- Philippians 4:6 Be anxious for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. Some feel that anxiety is a form of fear. I tend to agree. When you stop being afraid and instead pray and express gratitude, you position yourself to breakthrough your fears and unleash your Incredible Factor.
- Proverbs 23:7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he. If you believe that you will build a thriving business in your heart, you will.
- 2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. The bible tells us to “fear not” more than 100 times yet we still fear and let fear stop us from building big businesses and changing more lives. When you leverage power, love and a sound mind, you’ll truly usher transformation into the lives of others.
- John 10:10 I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. This is what it’s all about – an abundant life experience.
- Deuteronomy 8:18 But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today. You were born with the power to create wealth. Your company is your source of wealth.
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 – Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labor is not in vain. What I take from this verse is that even when my work isn’t producing the new client, I will keep pressing. As I never work in vain.
There are so many powerful scriptures that speak to your business and give you guidance to accept your abundant birthright. It is my hope that these add value and bless your soul as you move your business forward.