Rita’s Water Ice, Baskin Robbins and my favorite Japanese restaurant in the mall all do it. Most savvy entrepreneurs who know marketing is the oxygen in their business do it. You call yourself doing it but it’s not working for you. What am I talking about? Your free offer.
When I walk through the mall, I always go down to the food court to see what they’re offering because I know it’s going to be good, juicy, very tasty and make me want more.
I look forward to trying the latest flavor at Rita’s and Baskin Robbins because I know that when the sample is good, the full size won’t disappoint.
Can you say the same about your free offer to add new prospects to your sales funnel?
It is my personal recommendation that you create the same type of reaction to your products and services by doing something different, ensuring that your sample doesn’t disappoint. And, by the way, don’t say “join my mailing list;” instead offer them a sample of your Incredible Factor – that thing you do that sets you apart from the sea of others who do it too. If you want market share in your industry you’ve got to offer something irresistible – or as the Godfather puts it, “make them an offer they can’t refuse.”
Failure to do that leaves you sitting alone with your product or service in mass quantities – not serving the world, not changing lives. And that defeats the purpose of why you went into business, right?
So how, then, do you change your fate by offering low value “fluff” to those who visit your website and click away without joining your list or making a purchase?
The best way to get them into your funnel is by offering them a “taste” of the solution to a problem they (your ideal clients and prospects) have, showing them that you are that irresistible! Now, an important note here…be sure that your offer is based on the problem….remember people with top of mind problems are actively seeking a solution.
Your irresistible free offer should be juicy, leaving them wanting to deepen their experience with you. It should also be high value and content rich – no fluff allowed.
When you put your sample into a free report, audio download, CD, checklist or video series, you are guaranteeing they will want much more of you and therefore enter into your sales funnel, becoming a customer for life when you consistently treat them to more high value, high content information using your weekly e-zine and other “stay connected” marketing vehicles.
I’ll be honest here; it took me several tries to develop THE offer that is now adding tons of new people to my list each week. It might be necessary for you to really clarify what your ideal clients needs are so that your offer is the exact “sample” they were looking for.
Here are my 5 quick tips to consider when creating an irresistible free offer.
1. Consider what your ideal clients biggest problem is and use those words to name your IFO. I’ve said this before, we get cute instead of clear when we are talking about what our clients need from us.
2. Determine the medium through which you will offer your solution to their problem. You’ve got options and options are great – how do your ideal clients prefer to receive information?
3. Use social media to test your new IFO by posting something like this – “If there was a checklist/audio/special report/CD, etc. created that would do (insert problem it solves,) would you want it NOW?” See how many people respond. If not enough say they want it, go back to the drawing board. You failed to capture their attention from the beginning; you’ve got to “have them at hello.”
4. Have a graphic designer create a professional image for you that represents your offer and your brand nicely and professionally. Don’t try to do it yourself unless your Incredible Factor is graphic design. Shift your mindset and invest in your business.
5. Update your opt-in box and create your landing or squeeze page contents to begin attracting new prospects with your newly designed IFO! In the event that this lingo is a little to technical speak for you, hire someone to help you with it like a VA or a person from www.odesk.com or www.elance.com. Oh, by the way, you’re going to have to create an auto-responder email sequence that tells them about the strategic offering that your free offer automatically should point them too, if it’s well positioned.
Congratulations, you’re now ready to give them something they can feel and grow your list by leaps and bounds because you’ve become a client magnet….simply irresistible.
Need help determining the right offer for you? We’d be happy to help. Visit our website and learn about our Business Breakthrough Strategy Sessions.
©2011 by Darnyelle A. Jervey. All Rights Reserved. Darnyelle A. Jervey, The Incredible Factor Business Mentor and Coach, is the founder of Incredible One Enterprises.com and the Leverage Your Incredible Factor System® a proven step by step program for turning your passion into profit. For more information and a FREE audio download “How to Use Your Incredible Factor to Attract MORE Ideal Clients” visit https://www.incredibleoneenterprises.com