Entrepreneurs are extremely creative people and they typically love what they do. They love solving problems for their clients and they love showcasing their gifts and talents for the benefit of others. When you love what you do, it’s a natural inclination to want to share it with other people. As an entrepreneur, it must be your goal to show your clients and prospects some love by not trying to “sell” to them; instead, show the value that you add to their lives and businesses by solving their problems. A successful entrepreneur knows how to show the love and uses their marketing efforts to build clients for life. Here are five ways that you can use your marketing efforts to show your clients some love:
1. Handwritten Notes – sending a handwritten note to an ideal prospect, previous client, or even a current client is a great way to show them that you love the value they add to your work and you love solving their problems. It’s the personal touch, the fact that you’ve taken time out of your schedule to write a note to them that gets your TOMA – top of mind awareness. It is recommended that you send 3 to 5 handwritten notes each day. Handwritten notes should take the place of emails if you want to focus on building clients for life. Try this: Instead of allowing the business cards that you gather at networking events to sit in your office untouched for weeks and weeks at a time, create a system to send handwritten notes to those you’ve met so they remember you within in 48 hours of the initial contact. Be sure to have your own stationary created, to extend your brand positioning.
2. Irresistible Free Offers – your clients will know you love them every time you introduce a new irresistible free offer (IFO) for them. An IFO can be a tele-class, a webinar, an audio download, special report or a video tip where you add value for free, just because you love what you do and the value you add to the marketplace. An IFO is like the “pink spoon” at Baskin Robbins for your business. They give your ideal prospects a taste of what you offer to solve their problems and create a love affair that leaves them wanting the full sized solution. Of course it may go without saying, but be sure that your IFO has a call to action so they know how to extend their love affair.
3. Schedule a Client Appreciation Day or Night – schedule an opportunity to thank your clients virtually or in person. You can hold office hours where they can call you for a free laser coaching/consultation session of 5 minutes or you can get them all together and allow them to network with other clients and prospects that you are currently working with/connected to. People love to build relationships and create new partnerships and networks. So by opening your database to your ideal clients and prospects, you can help them to begin to build their own and they will love you for that. Additionally, with technology, if you have an account with one of the live streaming video sites, you can schedule a live broadcast and welcome your clients and prospects into your virtual event and share the love with them. When hosting a live client appreciation event, be sure to engage an event management team to give your event those special touches that leave clients and prospects ready to take their love to the next level.
4. Share Success Stories – everyone wants to be celebrated and loved and when you share the results and highlights that your ideal clients have gained in working with you, they will get some love from your prospects and website visitors that may need a product or service that they (your success story) offers. Highlighting others on your website is a great way to show the love and grow your client base at the same time. Remember social proof is a must if you want people to buy from you and success stories are the best way to show social proof.
5. Client of the Month feature in your e-zine – featuring a client in your e-zine each month is a great way to show them you love them and also celebrate a non-competing client and the products and services that they offer. This is different from a success story; this is a business spotlight and/or product highlight that helps to extend the reach that your client of the month has within their own business. This isn’t about you; but you will gain clients for life when you show the love by highlighting their business to your database.
Determine which way you will show your clients some love this week. You may select more than one if you’d like.
Create your plan of how you will get this done. List out each step that is necessary to get the task done this week. Can someone else help you? Always consider delegation to be sure the task doesn’t get lost in the shuffle.
Be sure the task is completed by Friday so you can enjoy your weekend and get ready for next week’s Incredible Factor Moment and Tip.
I love you!
©2011 by Darnyelle A. Jervey. All Rights Reserved. Darnyelle A. Jervey, The Incredible Factor Business Mentor and Coach, is the founder of Incredible One Enterprises.com and the Leverage Your Incredible Factor System® a proven step by step program for turning your passion into profit. For more information and a FREE audio download “How to Use Your Incredible Factor to Attract MORE Ideal Clients” visit https://www.incredibleoneenterprises.com.