This week, I celebrate my 40th birthday. I’m grateful for life. I’m grateful for love. I’m grateful for my business. I’m grateful for my professional success. I’m grateful to be a friend, sister, daughter, cousin, aunt and significant other. I am grateful to be Darnyelle A. Jervey. I’m grateful to have accomplished as much as I have and most importantly I’m grateful for the God that lives in me. As I enter this next chapter of my life, I am so clear, so confident and so unapologetic about my success and the favor that God has placed on my life.
And in this episode of Incredible Factor TV, I’m sharing five things I’ve learned in the last 39 years of my life.
Watch the video for my explanation, then check out the quick recap below:
Darnyelle’s Five Top Life Lessons:
1. To thine own self be true. Be clear, be confident, be unapologetic. I don’t even want to get into the amount of time I’ve wasted by not being myself through and through. The years that I mimicked others or let someone else call the shots of my life, all set me back. But today, I am completely true to myself. And I will never apologize to you (or anyone else) about it either. And I’m okay with that.
2. Laugh more than you cry. This is my play on laughing to keep from crying. You’ve got to find reasons to celebrate – celebrate the good and celebrate the lessons from the bad. Even when you’re going through something serious, laugh. It will always help you to see that it’s not nearly as bad as you think.
3. Be willing to do the work. If you want something you’ve never had, be willing to do something you’ve never done. This one is so simple but so often overlooked. You can have it all if you’re willing to do the work. Do your work and get what you desire.
4. No woman is an island. Surround yourself with people who support and edify you. Choose people who see more in you than you see in yourself. They will pull you up and hold you accountable to your greatness. In doing this over the years, it has made the most amazing difference. I continue to evaluate my centers of influence and often check in spiritually to ensure that those around me are there for my highest good. I encourage you to do the same.
5. There’s nothing better than love. Love isn’t just about romance. It’s about choosing others and being selfless enough to put someone else’s needs above your own. It’s about finding unconditional reasons to offer yourself in service to others. And love, is the most important part of who we are.
So, now I want to hear from you. What’s your two cents? What are your biggest life lessons? What would you want to share with others if given a forum?
©2015 by Darnyelle A. Jervey. All Rights Reserved. Darnyelle A. Jervey, MBA, The Incredible Factor Business Optimization Coach and Mentor, is the founder of Incredible One Enterprises®, Incredible Factor University® and the Leverage Your Incredible Factor System®, a proven step-by-step program so you experience financial and spiritual abundance in your life because of your business. For more information and a FREE audio CD “7 Critical Mistakes Even Smart Entrepreneurs Must Avoid for Clients, Connection and Cash Flow!” just fill out the form below.