As I began to write this blog and selected the title, the song that immediately popped into my head was Beyonce’s “Irreplaceable.” In a part of the song, she says “you’ve got me twisted.” Another song I thought of immediately after that was Keith Sweat and Cut Klose’s song titled, “Got Me Twisted.”
Why does any of that matter. Well today, I want to share tips for those of you who are twisted in some way about who you are, who you are to become and what you were created to do.
When I say twisted, what do I mean? Confused. Bamboozled. Unworthy. Fearful. Unfulfilled. Sad. Existing instead of living. Surviving instead of thriving.
I was at a networking event a few weeks back and I was talking to a gentleman and telling him what I do. He was very intrigued and he asked if I have a lot of clients who are willing to admit that they are twisted or confused on their purpose. I told him yes, I do meet a lot of women who require skills, strategies and solutions to untwist their purpose to give their life meaning.
That really stuck out to me. Many women don’t admit their hurt and pain, they suffer in silence because they feel that “nobody knows the trouble I’ve seen.” Another song, guess I’m feeling the music today. The key here – I can stop and dance because I am clear.
What stands out to me more than anything is that so many women as so busy surviving each day and taking care of everyone else, going to work to put food on the table, crying themselves to sleep because they are completely unfulfilled and nobody cares about their needs that they are consistently twisting themselves into knots that are not being untangled so that they can be released to enjoy life.
John 10:10 says that God sent His son that we might have life and have it more abundantly. Please tell me which definition of abundance calls for twisting and entanglements. If I am speaking to your spirit right now, STOP.
Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Stop. Take a deep breath of integrity and be honest with yourself, you are twisted, conflicted and confused about many things most of which is your purpose. But there’s hope. It can change as soon as you let it.
1. Get to a quiet place and repeat these words until you feel a calm and peace overtake you: I’m sorry, please forgive. I Love you. Thank You. You are not only saying these words to yourself, but you are also saying them to the creator of your soul for mismanaging the gift He gave you.
2. Answer this question: Why am I twisted? Unfulfilled? Suffering in silence? – be honest with yourself.
3. Make a Decision to get untwisted. Hire a coach, set up an action plan and get to work. As soon as you make a non-negotiable deision the untwisting begins.
4. Celebrate yourself each day, big or small, celebrate. It’s the little things that add up to the unassailable difference.
5. Never look back. Most of our twisting occurs because we focus on the past. As I say, “Stop giving your past permission to speak.” If you are in a place that you don’t want to be, acting in haste may not resolve it. Build a bridge, make an exit strategy and get to your destiny place.
It may not be easy but I guarantee it will be worth it.
So don’t get it twisted, get clear and focus on you. Even on an airplane the flight attendant tells you to secure your mask before helping those traveling with you.
Repreat after me:
I am beautiful. I am God’s creation. I was created for a purpose. I was created for abundance. I’m worthy of love, respect and “me” time. I deserve to be fulfilled. I am Incredible. I desire to be clear about who I am and how to live a fulfilled life and I am ready to get what I need to make it a reality and not just words that sound good.
Darnyelle is a speaker, life coach and author committed to helping women who struggle with balancing their PACE develop the skills, strategies and solutions to define and unleash the Incredible within. For more information, or for your free 30 minute coaching consultation, visit www.incredibleoneenterprises.com
Copyright (c) 2010 Darnyelle A. Jervey All Rights Reserved