It’s a New Year. Many of you have created massive lists of thought out ideas and plans on how 2010 will be your best year ever, yet you have not equipped yourself to achieve your goals because nothing has changed. Overall, your mindset is the same….Oliver Wendell Holmes said it best: “Once a mind has been expanded it should not return to the same place.” Yet, if you have not done the work necessary to shift your mindset, nothing will change in the new year.
I did some research and I learned that approximately 45% of people set New Year’s Resolutions and of those people, after 6 months approximately 12% are still holding fast and walking into their resolution. I asked myself why and I answered (scary I know – smile) “It’s because people do things for show and fad but they do not prepare themselves for the reality of what they want to accomplish in their lives. It sounds cute, it sounds impressive or even having the best laid intentions without a mindset shift or adjustment is just words on a sheet of paper.”
It is my desire that something changes in you. I want more than anything in this world for you to realize the Incredible within you. It is my desire that you resolve to be Incredible and I have a few tips that can help you to make a change so that everything changes.
1. BE HONEST, REALISTIC AND AUTHENTIC
2. ENROLL GOD IN YOUR GOAL
3. MAKE A NON NEGOTIABLE DECISION AND COMMIT TO THE GOAL
4. DISCOVER THE REASON FOR THE NEEDED CHANGE – WHEN YOU UNDERSTAND WHY….IT’S EASIER TO KEEP
5. BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE
6. DEVELOP A SENSE OF URGENCY
7. SEEK ASSISTANCE FROM A COACH
8. START A MASTERMIND GROUP, GET ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNERS
9. ESTABLISH A PLAN – WHAT GETS ATTENDED TO GETS DONE
10. FOCUS ON THE FOLLOW THROUGH
Remember if nothing changes, nothing changes….ask yourself
1. why are you making this resolution
2. what will I change to see this resolution come full circle
3. who will I enlist to help me remain accountable to my resolution
4. if there are no consequences for making this change, why make it?
5. what is my inspiration for this resolution now?
Have you had your FREE coaching consultation yet? Go, right now, to https://www.incredibleoneenterprises.com and submit your coaching consultation request. In 30 minutes, Darnyelle will show you how as your coach, you can CHANGE your life.
Darnyelle A. Jervey is a professional speaker, certified coach, author and consultant committed to your personal and professional growth and development. Her company, Incredible One Enterprises is a full service empowerment firm focused on defining and unleashing the Incredible in you.
Copyright (c) 2010 Darnyelle A. Jervey All Rights Reserved.