It’s the end of another quarter in your business and you’ve not hit your revenue goal. You’re slightly irritated and very frustrated because you told yourself that you’d be more focused on growing your income this year. Before you throw in the towel on another month and quarter end in your business, take a step back and re-group by looking at what’s right in front of you.
Sadly, many business owners are busy being busy in their business and therefore they fail to see the opportunities that are present right in front of them. When you build an effective team to handle the tasks that are not profit producing for you, you will be able to see what’s been there all along. Ever lost your keys? You looked high and low and traced your steps only to take your focus off of your search for two minutes and find them right in front of you, where they were the entire time. The same is true right now in your business. There’s money on the table right in front of you. Don’t see it? Look a little more closely. Still can’t see it? Let me help you.
Every month, it is my personal recommendation that you complete the following steps (and complete these assignments) to make sure that the money on the table lands in your wallet:
- Review your list of prospects who have expressed an interest in working with you (also known as ‘low hanging fruit’) in the past 6 to 12 months. Make a call – DO NOT EMAIL – them to see if anything has changed. Keep them abreast of service offering changes and find out what their current needs are. While you’re on the phone, inquire as to a new great time to touch base would be – and update your list accordingly.
- Complete a review of your existing inventory. What have you already created that is just taking up space (on your shelf, or hard drive) that could be re-purposed into a product that could be sold at a lower investment (it’s selling for nothing right now)? This could be books, checklists, templates, audios, videos, etc.
- Review the offerings you’re providing to your current clients. Is it time for an upgrade? Or do they require a service you offer that you’ve yet to tell them about? Maybe they came to work with you for one thing and now they may be in need of another. Are you verifying if they need more of your products and services?
- Identify key strategic partnerships or joint ventures that may lead to increased website traffic and sales. Who, if you partnered with them, would get you in front of your ideal client prospects faster than you could on your own? What can you offer to them to create a true win/win joint venture opportunity?
- What organizations would like you to speak that you have yet to nail down a date for? Call them today and increase your visibility and exposure to your ideal clients.
As you can see, these are simple yet effective strategies for finding the money on the table. What else can you do TODAY to find more hidden revenue in your business? Now, go do it!
©2011 by Darnyelle A. Jervey. All Rights Reserved. Darnyelle A. Jervey, The Incredible Factor Business Mentor and Coach, is the founder of Incredible One Enterprises.com and the Leverage Your Incredible Factor System® a proven step by step program for turning your passion into profit. For more information and a FREE audio download “How to Use Your Incredible Factor to Attract MORE Ideal Clients” visit https://www.incredibleoneenterprises.com.