If we surveyed 100 entrepreneurs about the reasons why they don’t achieve their goals, the honest ones will say a variation of one of the following:
“I am the reason why.”
If you were perceptive, you’d know that when they said “I,” they meant their mindset was the culprit. You see, the average person struggles with mindset issues, self-sabotaging beliefs and fear which inhibits their ability to achieve that which they desire.
If you are breathing, it’s possible that self-sabotage can take a toll on your life and business results. If you’ve ever had a moment, a stellar moment that you felt was a little “too good to be true,” you know exactly what I mean.
The truth is, mindset and variances thereof (like self-sabotage) are the biggest culprits to preventing an entrepreneur or business owner from experiencing the level of success they crave from the moment they decide they want it. And sadly, it happens time and time again just like it has for Tracy. Check out her question, which I’m featuring in this week’s episode:
“In the last year, I made over $600,000 in my business but I feel like that was a fluke. YTD, I’ve barely made $100,000. I’m so afraid that I set myself up for failure. Can you help me get out of my own way so that I can duplicate or exceed last year’s success?”
Check out my response to Tracy’s question in this week’s episode:
As I share in the episode, any business owner who feels like Tracy is demonstrating the power of the Law of Attraction. In its simplest form, it says your thoughts manifest into the things you experience in your life. When we focus in on what we see and shift from what we believe, we experience a disconnect that shows up in our actions and results.
Here’s the formula:
Thoughts –> Feelings & Beliefs –> Actions –> Results
If you’re not careful, your thoughts will prevent you from continuing the success you call a fluke, like Tracy. Instead, I recommend being strategic and focused. In order to avoid self-sabotage, you have to do the following:
1. Settle your thoughts and focus on your vision. Meditation is good for many reasons. Among them is the fact that focusing on what you desire shifts your subconscious more quickly to bring you what you want. By spending time each day, twice a day, thinking only on what you desire and seeing it in your mind’s eye, you’ll begin to bring it to pass if you continue to act in accordance to your vision.
2. Be intentional about what you think. You’ll have to stop making casual covenants. What we speak about we bring about, so if you’re not careful you will bring about results that are contrary to what you truly desire. A casual covenant is allowing your words to cement your destiny and it will happen if you’re not careful. Something as slight as “I’m not good at sales,” creates a casual covenant in which the Universe must take what you’ve presented as the truth and demonstrate why that is the truth. By avoiding casual covenants you will position yourself for more explosive growth.
3. Focus on feeling grateful at all times. The highest emotional feelings includes love, gratitude, faith and trust. And when you are grateful, you are unable to feel the lowest emotional feeling: fear. As I like to say, fear and faith cannot occupy the same space. Try it: Try to express fear and gratitude at the same time. You can’t. If you are feeling fear, immediately shift into being grateful and watch the fear dissipate.
4. Take the next best action that will lead you to what you desire. You only need to take the next best step. You don’t need to have it all figured out. You don’t need to know how, just keep walking toward what you know you should do. And while you are walking, express gratitude and trust that the steps will be unfurled, as they are needed.
5. As you achieve the results, celebrate, express gratitude and keep moving. Be sure to stop long enough to celebrate a success. When you don’t, you don’t shift your energy enough to know that you can change things. As we mentioned in step 3, gratitude is the highest emotion and when we are celebrating in it, we are attracting all that we desire and are grateful for.
If you’re not careful and you don’t follow these steps, you could walk right smack dab into self-sabotage. By stopping dead in your tracks, and refocusing based on the steps above, you will get back on track.
Please note: If you have a problem in your business, it’s because you have a problem in your life. Take the time and do your work. If you need help mitigating the mindsets that aren’t serving you, contact us at (302) 525-2899 to learn more about our Parallel Program, which offers life and mindset coaching to today’s uncompromising entrepreneur.
Now I want to hear from you, what’s your two cents?: How do you handle moments when you can tell that you’re sabotaging your own success?
©2015 by Darnyelle A. Jervey. All Rights Reserved. Darnyelle A. Jervey, MBA, The Incredible Factor Business Optimization Coach and Mentor, is the founder of Incredible One Enterprises®, Incredible Factor University® and the Leverage Your Incredible Factor System®, a proven step-by-step program so you experience financial and spiritual abundance in your life because of your business. For more information and a FREE audio CD “7 Critical Mistakes Even Smart Entrepreneurs Must Avoid for Clients, Connection and Cash Flow!” just fill out the form below.