I think we can all agree that nothing happens until somebody sells something. Regardless of what is being sold – the next restaurant where you and your special person will have dinner, a new television or one of your products or services – the sell predicates everything that happens from then on out. So what happens when you can’t sell? What happens when you have been working tirelessly for months and months doing what you believe will yield a successful selling situation and yet you still sell nothing?
Many entrepreneurs find themselves in this predicament as they endeavor to grow their businesses and as you might guess, it is utter frustration. While we can all agree that this is not the energy you want surrounding your business, if you happen to be one of those who’ve yet to master selling conversations, this may be exactly what you experience on a consistent basis.
I happen to be of the opinion that your next client is closer than you think. In fact, I think that if you follow the five simple strategies outlined in this article, your next paying client will materialize in days. Don’t believe me? Give these strategies a try:
1. Find out what they’d pay anything to fix – the universal law of business corroborates the statement that nothing happens until somebody sells something. But it suggests that the sale is predicated by a problem that needs to be solved. If people only buy to fill a need or solve a problem, what would your ideal clients pay anything to fill or solve?
2. Focus on the transformation – most business people are so focused on the steps and jargon and technical step-by-step processes that solve the problem of their client that they fail to show the result, outcome or transformation that one who buys their product or service will get. If you begin to focus on the transformation you provide when you speak to prospects, they will start to pay attention and eventually they will even open their wallets.
3. Go to where they’re already hanging out – if you go to where your ideal clients are and focus on the transformation you provide, the law of averages say that someone will buy. I’m just saying, it is sometimes the simplest things that go undeveloped.
4. Give them multiple options – when you only have one option for them to work with you, you create a “take it or leave it” scenario and most will leave it. If you present several opportunities to get great results from working with you and those options represent multiple budgets, you will usually get them to take you up on one of them, which will allow you to close more clients.
5. Ask for the sale – I know this seems like a no brainer, but many people go through the trouble of sharing the value and blah blah blah, only to never ask for the sale. They assume that people are just going to tell you that they want to work with you every time. While I believe that sometimes people will just come right out and tell you they’re ready, especially when you learn how to create compelling selling conversations, more often than not, you will have to ask them if they’re ready to work with you. You can only get a yes if you ask….
©2012 by Darnyelle A. Jervey. All Rights Reserved. Darnyelle A. Jervey, The Incredible Factor Business Mentor and Coach, is the founder of IncredibleOneEnterprises.com and the Leverage Your Incredible Factor System® a proven step by step program for turning your passion into profit. For more information and a FREE audio CD “How to Use Your Incredible Factor to Attract MORE Ideal Clients” visit https://www.incredibleoneenterprises.com.