It’s no secret that I believe that confidence is the new currency. Honestly, if you had the option to work with someone who was kinda sure that they could solve your problem or someone who was fully sure that they could solve your problem, which one would you choose?
Sadly tons of women entrepreneurs and small business owners don’t have a lot of confidence. It’s a proven fact that women under charge, act inferior, and non-competitive in the marketplace and allow fear to keep them from positioning themselves to build big businesses. In fact, studies show that over 85% of all women entrepreneurs struggle with confidence, mindset and fear when it comes to setting prices, closing the sale and attracting new ideal, paying clients.
What’s interesting is that even though you may not display the confidence that says “You’ve got it going on,” more often than not, you do have it going on. You have the skills needed to exceed a customer’s expectations and you likely think that being humble means you don’t brag about your skills. While I would agree that bragging in and of itself may not be a good look, highlighting your successes builds trust and credibility amongst those looking to buy from you.
So, if you are amongst the 85%, today is your lucky day. I am going to share 5 ways that you can instantly up your confidence so you can start to accelerate your business as a result of being a more confident version of your brand, one that prospects will get excited to hire!
- Dress for the business you want, not the one you have. As the adage goes, “when you look good, you feel good.” Personal image is an important part of being confident. When we look great, we are able to perform better. I remember when I use to work in “Corporate America” and we had a casual day. I was never productive on a casual day. But when I had on my business attire, I felt that I had to perform at a much higher level and getting things done, well that gave me more confidence. If you are unsure what looks and styles are best for you, engage a professional stylist to assist you.
- Focus on what you want, not what you have. When you are building a business, it’s easy to focus on what you are experiencing: “I don’t have any clients,” “I’m not making any money.” To boost your confidence and accelerate your business try focusing on what you want instead. This small shift in the way you think about your business will send positive energy into the atmosphere and create an environment for you to get more of what you want.
- Create an accomplishment journal. An accomplishment journal is the place where you record everything that you have done. When you are just about to have a conversation with a prospect, being able to review your accomplishments will give you a much needed boost to confidently position yourself as the best solution to their problem. So in your accomplishment journal list everything, I mean everything that you’ve done. Example: made my bed this morning, helped a client get a new contract, lost five pounds, spoke to an audience of 20 and 18 joined my list, etc. Everything. When you have evidence that you can accomplish things, it makes it easier to feel confident that it can happen as often as you’d like it to.
- Remember your reason why. Typically, the reason we do start our businesses isn’t self-absorbed. Additionally, people work harder for others than they ever will for themselves, so by remembering why you are doing what you are doing you make it about other people. When it’s about them, the likelihood that you will let them down lessens. I have a ‘why’ board that hangs in my office. It’s a constant reminder of all the reasons why I work hard each day. For my unborn children, for my mother, for the women who need hope to keep going, etc. This edifies me and gives me an energetic boost to get back to work.
- Read something that adds value daily. In order to produce, you have to monitor what you are putting in you. As I have heard it said, garbage in, garbage out; power in, power out. So upgrading your confidence by building a strong personal development library is an essential if you want to stay focused on building your business. I recommend that you find time to read for a minimum of 30 minutes each day, preferably as soon as you wake up and while you are still in your dream state and have the ability to shift your subconscious.
While there are tons of ways to upgrade your confidence, these are five that I believe really do the trick.
©2012 by Darnyelle A. Jervey. All Rights Reserved. Darnyelle A. Jervey, MBA, The Incredible Factor Speaker, Business Coach and Marketing Mentor, is the founder of Incredible One Enterprises.com, Incredible Factor University® the Leverage Your Incredible Factor System® a proven step-by-step program for more clients, more income and more leverage in your business. For more information and a FREE audio CD “5 Critical Mistakes Entrepreneurs Must Avoid When Unleashing Your Incredible Factor So You Attract More Clients, Make More Money and Gain More Leverage” visit https://www.incredibleoneenterprises.com