Unless you have some special power, you’ve likely hit a dry spell (or two) in your life and business and when you have, it’s left you feeling stagnant, mediocre and perplexed about how to get out of that icky feeling.
I know I have. In fact, I believe that it happens to the best of us from time to time. Now, there’s a reason why it happens, and luckily, there is a way to stop it from happening. But, I have to warn you, it’s going to take some work to get out of your own way.
In my years of experience in helping clients get unstuck, the reason for the stagnation may not originate from the business. After all, life and business are congruent and if any area is out of alignment, then all areas will experience the hemorrhage. And that is why I feel Deidre’s pain, and will be helping her in this week’s episode of Incredible Factor TV:
“Hi Darnyelle. I have to be honest, I’m feeling stuck. I’m feeling boxed in and I am so unclear of what to do to shift. I need your help, Darnyelle; how can I make a shift, any shift, to get out of this situation?”
Watch my response to Deidre’s question here:
As I share in the episode, I’m not a therapist and I don’t play one on TV, so, if (as you read this) you’re feeling heaviness, you may want to seek medical attention. Now having said that, I do know a little something about helping people make a pivot so that they can experience what they are truly desiring in their life. In the past I have shared the seven steps to your next breakthrough which include:
- Become conscious that something isn’t right. When you acknowledge what is not working, you position yourself to welcome a solution. So, you have to be honest with yourself and be willing to face the challenge head on. Being conscious is so much more than being honest with yourself that there’s a problem. It’s also about the realization that until you fix it, you will lose sleep, stay stagnant and live in mediocrity.
- Confess what the problem is in its entirety. You can’t conquer what you refuse to confront. Without the confession, it will be challenging to position yourself to experience a shift. When we speak (inwardly or outwardly) that we understand what we are in need of, we give God and His abundant universe permission to meet us where we are and help us to make the shift. The other important part about making the confession is that when you do, you almost instantly start to get access to a solution.
- Commit to doing the work, whatever it takes to get a release. Now, to be honest and clear, this is the hard part. It’s one thing to open your eyes and see the mess you’ve made. It’s another to say out loud that you’ve created a problem. But once you start to consider doing something about it, you will meet more opposition than you ever thought possible. So it is important to know that the commitment is the beginning of the hard work if you truly want to move from boxed in to bountiful. Once you make the commitment to do whatever it takes, you’ll be ready to take the actions needed to experience the shift. And yes, the commitment must be made BEFORE determining what will be needed.
- Create an action plan – you may require help with this. If you have a good friend who can hold you accountable that may work, other wise you may need a coach or therapist depending on the severity of the challenge. In your action plan, you have to get very clear about what you will commit to doing to experience the release you are wanting. Your action plan should be as detailed as you need to ensure that you complete the steps necessary to experience the result you are wanting instead.
- Continue the plan until you experience the breakthrough. I highly recommend that you establish some milestones along the way so that you are clear that you are moving in the right direction.
- Consider joining a community for added support and accountability. There is nothing like being with like-minded people to help to keep you focused and on track with achieving your goals. When you are surrounded with people who desire what you desire and are actively experiencing it, it fuels creativity and passion and can be a great motivator for getting things done.
- Celebrate the breakthrough. Far too often, we go from one challenge to the next without any acknowledgement of the fact that we made it through, we accomplished the goal or we made it happen. To avoid getting stuck again, create a reward system that gives you permission to celebrate what you’ve been through and how much stronger you’ve become in the process.
Now I want to hear from you, what’s your two cents?: How do you get unstuck? What have you tried that I didn’t mention here that may help Deidre and others like her in our community?
©2014 by Darnyelle A. Jervey. All Rights Reserved. Darnyelle A. Jervey, MBA, The Incredible Factor Business Optimization Coach and Mentor, is the founder of Incredible One Enterprises®, Incredible Factor University® and the Leverage Your Incredible Factor System®, a proven step-by-step program so you experience financial and spiritual abundance in your life because of your business. For more information and a FREE audio CD “7 Critical Mistakes Even Smart Entrepreneurs Must Avoid for Clients, Connection and Cash Flow!” just fill out the form below.