As I’ve mentioned, this October I’m allowing our creative director Blake to ask me off-the-cuff questions for Incredible Factor TV.
This week’s question:
“How do you handle self-sabotage?”
Watch my response to Blake’s question here:
Here are 5 steps you can take to get out of your own way and achieve success instead:
1. Recognize that it’s happening. Like any addiction, self-saboteurs often don’t recognize that they are preventing themselves from achieving what they want.
2. Take a look at your back-story. Last week, I met with my Incredible Factor University clients and we focused on our money back-stories. Events that have happened to you in the past affect your beliefs and relationships with things like money in the future. If you don’t have a good relationship with money (or something else that is preventing your success), it will hinder your ability to grow a business.
3. Take ownership. Remember, “The only one that can help or hinder your situation is you.” Don’t blame others and recognize that you’re the only one who can make a change.
4. Be willing to make a change. Oftentimes people realize that they have a problem, but they aren’t willing to do the work. Pray on it, meditate on it, and start to…
5. Deal with it. Do whatever it takes to heal from your self-sabotage and to change your mindset. Hire a coach or therapist to help you work through your issues. Do what’s necessary and do it consistently.
So, now I want to hear from you, what’s your two cents? What do you think about self-sabotage? Do you sabotage your own success or know someone who is? What tips do you have for those who are self-sabotaging their own success?
©2015 by Darnyelle A. Jervey. All Rights Reserved. Darnyelle A. Jervey, MBA, The Incredible Factor Business Optimization Coach and Mentor, is the founder of Incredible One Enterprises®, Incredible Factor University® and the Leverage Your Incredible Factor System®, a proven step-by-step program so you experience financial and spiritual abundance in your life because of your business. For more information and a FREE audio CD “7 Critical Mistakes Even Smart Entrepreneurs Must Avoid for Clients, Connection and Cash Flow!” just fill out the form below.