One of the biggest mistakes that entrepreneurs and small business owners make is not focusing on the end result that they achieve when working with clients. Unfortunately, most people are so caught up in the day to day of “seeing” clients that little or no thought is given to the ultimate goal that they want to ensure that their clients receive in working with them.
So, how do you change that? By focusing on the end first. One of my favorite Stephen Covey-isms is to begin with the end in mind. What I mean is, get clear on the end results that they should experience as a result of working with you and back into what must happen at each appointment or session to ensure that they achieve the expected result. By thinking backwards, you help to ensure the success of your clients when working with you and that means you will get the opportunity to serve many more people.
This is important for a few reasons:
1. Social proof – if they achieve the end result, they will be ecstatic and they will tell others all about it and sing your praises from the tops of the hills.
2. Frame the work you do – when you are able to appropriately frame the work you do in terms of real results, your marketing gets much clearer.
3. Signature system creation – you can create a signature system that outlines what must happen every time to achieve the ultimate result.
In order to get to the end result of your client, complete the following assignment by answering the questions below:
1. What is the goal or transformation you offer to your clients? Here you want to close your eyes and visualize “the end” of working with you. What does the end of the relationship look like? Who will they be now, as a result of your working together? What should they have accomplished? Why is this important? How will their lives be different because of this work?
2. How do you ensure that transformation? List exactly what you will do to make sure that happens. The best way to do this is to back into what it will take to achieve the ultimate goal or result. So think about the ultimate goal and ask yourself, “in order for them to get this result, what is the first thing I must teach/do/show them?” Repeat this until you have thought of every step in the process to that ultimate goal. Now, this will be only for you because your prospects and clients don’t care what steps you follow, they only care that you get them the results and you have proof that you’ve done it for others.
3. What else do you do that you haven’t accounted for yet? Should those things be included? What difference do they make?
If you answer these three questions, you will gain clarity on the end result for your clients and you can use that clarity to market to them in such a way that it produces more clients over and over.
©2012 by Darnyelle A. Jervey. All Rights Reserved. Darnyelle A. Jervey, MBA, The Incredible Factor Speaker, Executive Business Coach and Marketing Mentor, is the founder of Incredible One Enterprises.com and the Leverage Your Incredible Factor System® a proven step by step program for building a 6 figure business with more clients, more income and more leverage in record time. For more information and a FREE audio download “How to Use Your Incredible Factor to Attract MORE Ideal Clients” visit https://www.incredibleoneenterprises.com