When busy entrepreneurs network without a system, they lose key prospects and strategic partners in the shuffle. Although all would agree that networking is essential to growing a small business; most would equally agree that following up can present a serious nightmare for those who are not prepared for the influx of contacts that can meet over the course of one week.
As a business coach who teaches one of the essential marketing streams for your business is networking, I have helped my clients to develop a systematic approach to managing new contacts so that they can maximize their relationships and keep Top Of Mind Awareness (TOMA)
1. When you are meeting a prospect for the first time, be sure that when you’ve walked away from them to make notes on their business card. Doing so will help you later as you sift through all the cards you collected to determine who are ideal client prospects or potential strategic partners for your business.
2. Have stationary made with your company logo, tagline and contact information so it becomes effortless for you to send a quick hand written note to your prospect or new connection.
Look through the business cards you collected last week and sort them in three categories:
1. Ideal prospect
2. Strategic partner
3. Not a good contact for me or anyone I know
Once sorted, prepare your follow up strategy by asking yourself the following questions:
1. How is this a good contact for me?
2. What do I have to offer this contact?
3. What does this contact have to offer me?
4. What follow up strategy will I use to stay connected to them?
5. How will I stand out from the crowd in my interactions with them?
Repeat until you have a full blown plan for each new contact for that week and do the same thing each week going forward.
©2011 by Darnyelle A. Jervey. All Rights Reserved. Darnyelle A. Jervey, The Incredible Factor Business Mentor and Coach, is the founder of Incredible One Enterprises.com and the Leverage Your Incredible Factor System® a proven step by step program for turning your passion into profit. For more information and a FREE audio download “How to Use Your Incredible Factor to Attract MORE Ideal Clients” visit https://www.incredibleoneenterprises.com.